2018 is over.
Does that sentence make you happy or sad?
It makes me happy. I’ve done some thinking the past couple days as 2018 has winded down and can say that I’m generally happy with how the year ended up.
In 2018, I:
- Wrote at least a couple posts here (yea, looking on the positive side with this one)
- Set and achieved some monthly fitness goals
- Acquired a fitness coach in October
- Started going to the gym daily and made it a habit, based upon said fitness coach’s guidance
- Spent lots of time hanging out with friends on a regular basis
- Started volunteering as a dog walker in February
- Went on some local hikes with a group
- Did a 10mi runcommute
- Ran 5 half marathons and an 8k race
- Lost around 20lbs over the year from all of the above!
I may not have started the year off on the right fitness foot, but I ended it pretty well.
Looking forward, I have a few solid goals for 2019. Last year was mostly fitness focused, but this year I have some financial goals as well.
In 2019, I plan to:
- Run a marathon! The Leavenworth Marathon on Oct 5, 2019, my 30th birthday to be exact
- Run 1000mi over the course of the year
- Lose at least another 5lbs. I’m starting off 1/1/19 at 175.8lbs
- Pay off all debt. We’re working on finishing off the rest of my husband’s student loans
- Buy a house – I’m not sure if this will happen this year, but I’m hoping for it!
- Write more. I let myself get intimidated by this, but I think it’ll be better to get things posted. Perfection is the enemy of good and all…
Along with these I will still set monthly mini-goals for myself – I appreciate being able to break ginormous goals up into manageable, bite-sized pieces.
With that, I think it’s time to go for my first run of 2019!
What are your goals for this year?